Wednesday, May 29, 2013

BEAUTY: Colour me in


Since I first dyed my hair many years ago I've always loved experimenting with colour but I've never gone as far to try out super bright shades. I've always wanted to but I've been too scared of the commitment. When I first saw Eleonora Carisi's purple dip dyed hair I fell in love. Eleonora is a Italian blogger and store owner and in my opinion one of the best dressed ladies in the world, check out her blog www.joujouvilleroy.com
I love how the purple gives her classic and chic hair style such a cool edge.

Eleonora Carisi

I heard about hair chalks about a year ago but all the professional ones I found were a bit out of my price range, but the other day when having a wonder round H&M I found this set of 3 hair chalks for only £6. As soon as I got home I tried them out, they are super easy to use and the thing about them which is so great they wash straight out if you have dark hair like me, if your blonde or light brown they will stain your hair a bit but all the colour should rinse out after a few shampoos.


The best way to use hair chalks is to style your hair first. Place a towel over your shoulders as the chalk can get a bit messy and could stain light materials. You have to give the chalk something to stick onto, I found hairspray dried too fast so I opted to use Bumble and Bumble SumoTech which is like a bit like a wax. I then rubbed in the hair chalk to the ends of my hair to create an ombre effect, my ends are still very light from when I bleached them a year ago so the chalk was much brighter on those sections. However if you hair is all the same shade the best way to create that ombre effect is to add a bit of dry shampoo to the mid-lengths of your hair to blend the chalk in.  
Once I applied the chalk I gave the product a couple of minutes to dry then tapped off any excess chalk off my hair. Finally I set the chalk with hairspray, I loved the final result. It's perfect for a night out and gave me the opportunity to see what I would look like if I wanted to try it out with permanent dye. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment