Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Beauty: Santa Baby


This is the second instalment in my Christmas beauty looks, this time I wanted to try out a classic party look the red lips. I believe everyone can pull off red lipstick but you just have to find the right red for you. If your pale and your skin has pink undertones the best red for you is one with a blue undertone, something like MAC Ruby Woo. If you have a darker skin tone with yellow undertones, choose a red with a orange undertone, 17 do a great one called Hot Chilli.

A lot of red lipsticks come in a Matte texture so they have staying power. I feel sometimes this can dry out lips and make them look small, you can go for a moisturising lipstick but you may lose out on the staying power. I combat this by using two red lipsticks, a matte one as a stain, building a few layers up to create the staying power then to add sheen and shape to the lips I use a glossy red in the centre focusing on the cupid's bow.


To compliment the red lips I added some simple definition to the eyes with L'Oreal Super Liner Gel Intenza in Pure Black and a lashing of Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara.

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment