Saturday, April 14, 2012

Smart Hijab Tip #1: Colour

I have decided that this blog is in need of a section dedicated to smart/work hijab outfit ideas and tips.

After spending about a month in a hospital and coming across a lot of professional hijabis, I realised that a fair few of them (I feel like a bitch writing this..) could do with *slightly* improving their work look.

Obviously I'm not claiming to know everything about smart dressing, we all know that only a Turk could ever reasonably claim such a thing (just look at Hijab Revival and Hijabi and the City if you don't believe me - EDIT - In case any of you don't understand English, I am implying in this sentence that those two ladies have amazing smart dress senses, like many Turks that I have seen).

So anyway, one thing I noticed that a lot of hijabis do is use far too many colours in their outfit to ever be able to make it look smart and professional. I personally think that the key is to keep it simple and use different shades of a colour as opposed to putting lots of colours together. I would say stick to a maximum of 3 colours.

I really like the colour use in two outfits below:
Source

If you are stuck for something to wear to work then I would recommend pairing a top with a scarf of the same colour but either much darker or much lighter than the top. Here's an idea:

Smart Hijab Style

Hope this helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment