Monday, April 30, 2012

iPhone apps

When I initially got an iPhone I thought that the whole app function was the best thing since sliced bread.. then I took it abroad and realised that the iPhone is of next to no value without an internet connection. Without WiFi the iPhone takes you back to 1999 where the only thing you could do was use the calender, play snake and have a torch at hand.

Luckily for me, I'm not abroad and I DO have an internet connection so my iPhone is currently working great YAY!

I feel like making a list today so I thought I would share with you some apps that I like (I am hoping that somebody in the world will half care but I'm not holding my breath or anything..).

I should actually be writing up my university dissertation, due in 22 days, but I can't be asked right now.

So here goes:

1. Whatsapp
The app that you kind of have to have even if you don't want it. It's great for instantly sending photos and having group chats but not so great if you don't want to reply to someone but you've read their message so you know it's double-ticked and then they're online when you read it and they start typing and you go offline and then feel bad and you wish you still just used conventional SMS and - it's just one big mess.



2. MailOnline
Sometimes I just wish that I was intelligent enough to actually enjoy reading something like the Independent or the Financial Times. Instead I prefer to read a slightly right-wing paper that doesn't think grammar is overly-important and produces articles that are just a little bit too juicy and controversial to not be made up.

3. PicCal
This is a recent download and I'm really liking it so far. Basically it's like photo diary where you take a photo a day and it stores them as a calender. I hope that it's not going to end up like a real life diary where you're really excited about it at the start and you write in it twice a day and then you've forgotten about it a week later.  


Source

4. R-type
A TRUE 90s kid would understand :D

Source

5. iPray
Great for prayer times. I had the lite version then I bought the full version, honestly I can't tell the difference. Something to do with the compass or athaans. 

6. TVCatchup
Best app for live TV on your phone. And it has Dave. I mean who doesn't love TopGear??

7. Alafasy Radio
So I really liked this app at the start. Mishary Alafasy is an excellent reciter. The only thing that's not great is when you use the app you're greeted with his giant face:

Source

Now this was not a problem until my mum saw it on my phone and somehow convinced herself that I chose the background and so I must have a crush on him.

I don't think that I've listened to  this app  since my mother's rather traumatising accusation. Not that it made much of a difference to her anyway.. she still started smirking at me when he was on TV the other day in a "I know that you know that I know" sort of a way O.O 

Yeh, not my favourite app actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment