Monday, April 9, 2012

Light hearted fun or downright paedophilic..?

I don't know if anyone has heard the song "Yareet Senk" (which directly translates to "I wish your age..") by Amr Diab but I heard it a while ago and I was a little taken aback by the lyrics - they are soo dodge! He's basically confessing his undying love to a girl of undisclosed age. All he says is that he wishes she was 2 years older.

The thing that sickens me a little is that he says he wishes she was older but he wants her to stay looking the same. Is it just me or is that really wrong?


Anyway, here is a rough translation of the words but it to me it sounds even worse in Arabic :S

"I wish your age was two years older ... because you are so young
Wish you were older .. but nothing of your (body) changes
Your love stays the same ... and your colour stays the same
Your eyes barely open.. from this moment they are so confusing

Oh the soul of my soul, how beautiful you walk
Oh the soul of my soul, the feather that have painted you
Oh the light of your heart, sweet light
It filled me with one touch

If only I was not a good person..
Then nothing would stop me
If only I was not a good person..
Then nothing would stop me

With innocence you wave for me "watch out"
And I see you, and you take my heart with your beauty
You have such a look! Oh masha'Allah..
Just as if you're a famous star

And because of how much I'm taken by you..
I took a photo of you with my eyes..."

Well at least the anti-ageing ad on the video made me chuckle...

No comments:

Post a Comment