Saturday, January 26, 2013

SS13 HIGH STREET PREVIEW: High Street my First Love

One of my favourite things about each new fashion season is seeing how the high street translate catwalk trends for the everyday girl, yes I know am a fashion geek you don’t have to tell me.

Firstly River Island, their collection makes reference to several shows from this season. A 60’s vibe with seen at Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton shows, with the classic 60’s shift shape, monochrome and strips in every kind of direction. We can see this in a few of River Island pieces. I particularly love this super quirky black and white vertical strip leatherette shift dress.

River Island SS13

Also this white shirt reminded me the Alexander Wang show, with its sheer cut out sections; it’s a twist on the classic and wearable white shirt.
River Island SS13


Now, Miss Selfridge should be called Miss Bohemian this season. Their design department have for sure overdosed on everything 70’s related. The 70’s is up there at the top of maybe being my favourite fashion era (it’s too hard to decide on one). I love the little purple number with all my heart, it’s on my Spring Summer 2013 wish list. I also love this dungaree dress, it’s probably the easiest thing to change from casual to dressy then right back to casual.

Miss Selfridge SS13


H&M!  This is probably the on high street shop I can put all my trust in each season to always get it right, I think about 40% of my wardrobe is H&M, each season when their new lookbook comes out my love for them grows a little bit stronger. If you didn’t know H&M have a few different lines, which includes their Divided line, their main line (this is the stuff that is updated the most often) and finally my favourite their designer inspired collection (this is what I get giddy about).

H&M SS13

Each season they get better and better. Firstly this leather jacket and skirt *drool* it is so Christopher Kane. Now these jeans, word on the street these bad boys are £35, and I think they are available in a few different colours. SO COOL! I could ramble on about how much I love bomber jackets for donkeys but I will restrain myself, one thing, they are the easiest way to update any outfit. There are so many different styles from super tomboyish deigns to sexy sheer ones, there is a bomber jacket for everyone out there.
H&M SS13



Each season these guys provide as all with the widest and most varied selection of trends to experiment with. 
Even though I love all the other high street stores I’ve talked about in this post I always love walking down my virtual high street and logging onto Asos. 
ASOS SS13


I have some sort of crazy addiction to this website. I plan on starting up some sort of support group for people in the same situation as me, Asosers Anonymous. The photos I’ve selected from their lookbook speak for themselves showing us so many trends for this season. I could ramble on about how much I love every piece but I will save that for my next AA meeting.

ASOS SS13
ASOS SS13


Remember it’s not all about being “on trend”, it’s about being inspired and seeing creations you love and making them your own, wearing stuff how you want to wear it. We can all be over influenced at times by fashion media and by what everyone else is doing, it’s great to step back and go right back to basics being creative with your own original ideas. Just remember, have fun.



Wendy x


No comments:

Post a Comment