Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2013 be nice to us, please

I'm beyond excited about Rihanna for River Island. At first I must admit I was a tad cynical about the approach Rihanna and River Island would take, in my head I was thinking they could get it so wrong or so right. However a couple of months back Rihanna gave us a sneak preview of a piece from the collection, this super chic suede navy boiler suit. LOVE IT! This is the moment I became a tad giddy (understatement) about the rest of the collection, I know for sure I will spend all my pennies on this collection and I haven't even seen all of it yet. In this months issue of Complex magazine Rihanna gave us a second sneak peak at a piece from the collection, a black and white jacket, kind of hard to see exactly the shape of it but it looks very nice to say the least.



All together I think the collection is going to encapsulate the thing most of us love about Rihannas' style, the effortless chicness (unsure if this is a word) of everything she wears and most importantly the way she wears it. I plan to be the first in the queue at River Island, and to warn you all I can be an aggressive shopper if I have to be.



I think I may have a little obsession with high street designer and celebrity collaborations. I'm very intrigued by who will be collaborating with H&M this year, 2012 with truly epic with Marni, Anna Dello Russo (my favourite) and Maison Martin Margiela. There were rumours Givenchy would be collaborating with H&M, when I heard this I nearly passed out from the shock and happiness. However with great sadness the fashion house denied rumours they would be collaborating with H&M.  I pray to god this happens one day because I can only imagine how fudging cool it would be.
H&M are the pros at designer collaborations, they make it so affordable for poor gals like me to purchase, however the quality is still amazing and the whole shopping experience is an event to be talked about, this making it really fun to be part of and just makes you want to buy EVERYTHING!


I feel it in my bones that 2013 is going to be a very good year indeed.

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment