Wednesday, October 10, 2012

HAUL: August- October


This is my first haul, exciting I know. These are some of the things I’ve bought in the last couple of months which I have really loved and want to share with you.

Firstly, beauty products can't get enough of them. I love trying out new products and recommending them to all my friends if they are good. A couple of months ago I was looking for some new skincare, I used to use Dr Nick Lowes Oil control range, and I loved the foam wash so I repurchased that but I found the moisturiser to heavy. I had a search online and came across Vichy Laboratories products, a French skincare brand, reading reviews everyone seemed to love the products. I decided to purchase the Vichy Normaderm Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care and the Vichy Normaderm Anti-Imperfection Concentrate from www.escentual.com. After about a month of using both products I’m in love, will defiantly being repurchasing this. The moisturiser is super light but still really hydrating and the Concentrate has really fast results.


  
The next two products may be my favourite hair products ever. I first purchased the Label.m Thickening Cream at the end of 2010, I used it loads and I mean loads and it only ran out 2 weeks ago so it’s incredible value. Its gives you the volume and texture a hair mousse would without the stickiness you sometimes get. A must have hair product.

The second product is L’Oreal Studio Matt & Messy Salt Spray. I've tried a lot of different salt sprays in the past and this is defiantly my favourite. It works really well in conjunction with the Label.m Thickening Cream.



Now for books, bit of a U-turn from beauty but I have a bit of an obsession with coffee table books. I recently got Scott Schuman’s aka The Sartorialist new book. It is a collection of beautiful street style photos he has taken all over the world. Check out his blog www.thesartorialist.com its great if you need some inspiration for a new outfit.
Also I got the Rookie Yearbook One, I would say it’s less of a book more of a giant magazine which I love (I’m a magazine addict). It’s full of fashion editorials, stories, interviews and advice for the average teenage girl. Tavi Gevinson edited this book; she is a 16 year old American blogger who I would say is a genius. There is so much in this book I found I could relate too and it is so funny.




 Now for some fashion. I was really excited to find out Anna Dello Russo was doing collaboration with H&M, she created an amazing accessory line. I could have happily purchased every single piece. I decided on this necklace, I love gold and anything shiny and I can get away with wearing it with pretty much anything. 
I also got these coin clip on earrings when I went to Judy’s Affordable Vintage Fair in Edinburgh the other week. They are so cute and were a bargain for £3.



What do you think? Have you used any of the products?

Wendy x




No comments:

Post a Comment