Saturday, April 27, 2013

Too hot for Saudi Arabia..?

 
While 'doing coursework' I came across an article about this Emirati guy who was one of three men to be recently deported from Saudi Arabia for being so irresistibly good looking that there were fears of women being driven to distraction in their presence.
 
I think that this country has finally reached a level of stupidity in a league of its very own.
 
There are several things that sprung to mind when I read the article.
 
- One, why and when did religious police get to decide upon who is ugly enough to stay in the country?  Bit discriminatory if you ask me. Then again this is Saudi Arabia we're talking about, the land where quite literally nobody is equal. I mean, why stop at women and foreigners anyway..?
 
- Two, I wonder what the Saudis would have done with Prophet Yusef [Joseph] (as) after he made all those women cut their hands.
 
- Three, that is a very nice red shmagh.
 
- Four, I wonder if any Saudi men that were present at the time of deportation were offended because they weren't being deported as well.
 
- And finally, I should probably stop procrastinating and getting distracted by these articles.
 
So what are your thoughts on Saudi Arabia's latest moronic move?

[*EDIT* It appears that this story was over-exaggerated and the men in question were deported for actually breaking the law and acting, in a manner that would be considered in Saudi, inappropriately in a public place.]

No comments:

Post a Comment