Friday, February 15, 2013

SS13 BEAUTY TRENDS #1 60's with a Feminine Twist


I’m going to do a series of posts on SS13 Beauty Trends, with me showing you guys the trends I really love with me trying the trend out with my own personal twist and also giving tips on how to recreate the trend so you can try it out for yourself.

Clockwise (Jean Paul Gaultier, Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton)

During the Spring Summer 13 shows we saw so much inspiration taken from the 60’s not only in the clothes but the make-up and hair. Louis Vuitton and Marc Jacobs went all out 60’s, with all the focus on the eyes creating graphic effect with eyeliner and eyeshadow with the rest of the face being very muted, with the Marc Jacob show going for a super pale matte lip. However at the Jean Paul Gaultier show we saw a very feminine approach taken to the 60’s trend, still with a graphic eye but created mostly with black eyeshadow to create a softer look. A natural highlighted glow was created with peach blush and highlighter in the centre of the cheeks and the lips with a natural pink. This trend is really fun to experiment with as you can go as 60’s as you like with it, following the trend to the letter or taking inspiration from it to create a more wearable.

I wanted to take the sixties trend and create a super wearable look which will pretty much suit everyone as its really easy to alter to individual taste.
The main focus of the look is all on the eyes, with black gel eyeliner I started on the top lash line right from the inner corner then finished at the end creating a small flick.  To create the flick on the lower lash line I started at the outer corner of the eye, while using the top lash line flick as your guide draw yourself a faint line to map out where you plan to put the eyeliner. Drawing at a slight slope or being as dramatic as you like.

TIP:  Use a small amount of eyeliner on the brush, it’s easy to add more product but it’s much harder to take it away, also it means you don’t waste any of your products. This applies to all your beauty products, everything from foundation to eyeshadow.


After making yourself a guide on the bottom lash line you can now fill in where you want to put the eyeliner, I've only taken the eyeliner into the centre to keep the look feminine by giving the eyes a feline shape . To give the eye definition I've covered the lid in a soft shimmery cream shade then added a matte brown to the socket line to give the eye some depth, then I've added white eyeliner to the waterline and a flick between the top and bottom black eyeliner flicks with both of these things similar to that seen on lots of 60’s makeup.
To continue to keep the look feminine I’ve highlighted the centre of the face and contoured the cheekbones with a natural pink flushed blush then I've added lipstick in a similar shade to my own lip colour to add volume and definition.

What do you think? Will you being trying out the 60's trend?
Give me a comment 

Wendy x

My 60's Soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment