Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Her Hijab" Tag

Source
I wasn't specifically tagged for this but I've seen a few hijabis on YouTube do it so I decided to tag myself :(

Here goes nothing...

1) What was the first hijab you ever bought?
The first scarf I ever bought with the intention of wearing as a headscarf was an H&M one with gold embroidery, for around £10. It's odd because when I didn't wear hijab I would happily pay that price for a scarf, but now I think that anything over a fiver is ridiculous.  

2) What was the first hijab style you wore?
One that was far too tight with far too many knots and pins, and pretty much impossible to remove. Now that's what I call enthusiasm.

3) What is your favourite colour hijab, or what colour hijab do you have most of in your closet?
Favourite: A light pink floral one.
Own the most of: White pashminas.
.
4) Who is your favourite Hijab guru? Why?
Without a doubt, Pixie from I Love Hishma. I have never told her this but reading her blog contributed hugely to my wearing hijab. A close second would have to be Ange from what was formally Hegab Rehab and now Miss Hijabi - she's pretty hilarious. I feel like I legit know them both and yes, I am aware of how stalkerish I sound so..

5) Who was the first person you watched on YouTube who did hijab tutorials?
I think her name was Maddie, she's Egyptian American and I adored her channel. I remember watching her tutorials when I was still thinking about wearing hijab; she doesn't post anymore which is a shame.

6) What is the beauty in hijab?
I can't think of a trait more attractive in a human being - male or female - than modesty.

7) What does hijab mean to you?
Obeying Allah (SWT).

8) What is your go to everyday hijab style?
One side short, the other side long; wrap once; done :)

9) What are your favourite hijab accessories?
Unless you count a straight pin as an accessory, I don't accessorise my headscarf.

10) What is your favourite place to buy hijabs?
H&M, Primark and the occasional scarf stall.

I tag everyone. Yeh, it's the cop-out tag, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment